Thursday, November 15, 2012

Complaint Essay


5180 Likini St. Apt#302
Honolulu, Hawaii, 96818
November 12, 2012

Salt Lake Shopping Ctr
848 Ala Lilikoi St
Honolulu, HI 96818

Dear Islander’s Administration

In the past I have always been a loyal customer towards islanders and its delicious food. The reason why I keep coming back is the different choice of food you serve there.

Unfortunately in my recent visit I had some concerns about the health and safety the food that you produce is up to par with the health code. When I approach the counter and I look to see inside your kitchen area, there are remains of food on the floor and trash that haven’t been cleaned in weeks. I was truly stunned and speechless to see how unsanitary your work area was. But I am still a loyal customer towards islanders and I know that their food is always great. So out of my way even though seeing that putrid kitchen I still order food. As the day has gone by and I head towards home my stomach grumbles. And I suspect that I have food poisoning. I know that I was jumping into a conclusion but it was for sure I had food poisoning when I got home and I headed straight to the bathroom. And from then on I was always spectacle about ordering food. As an owner to your restaurant, food and customer service should be priority. And to have good criticism about your food you must make sure you kitchen can produce edible food. Like some examples of clean and neat kitchens are Thai Herb Kitchen and Himalayan Kitchen. I believe that these kitchens are very well cleaned and cared for and I hope to see the islanders like that.

Some examples that I took from the F.D.A that could improve your kitchen is by to put leftovers away promptly, prevent cross contamination by wiping your knives and your cutting boards, and to clean your sink daily so that bacteria and germs don’t get on your dishes.

In addition to all of this your customer service is not all that great. By reading your reviews on yelp it seems like people have been complaining about a lady giving attitude towards your customers. But some of the reviews on yelp do have positive feedback about your food, which is awesome no doubt.

All I wanted to say was to keep your kitchen clean and neat so more customers will be coming in. overall you have been doing a great job running your restaurant.

Sincerely,


Branden Pascual

1 comment:

  1. You have good ideas in your letter. However, a lot of them are all put together into single statements or paragraphs making it highly confusing. "Unfortunately in my recent visit I had some concerns about the health and safety the food that you produce is up to par with the health code" This statement is confusing because it is a run-on sentence. Also do not compare Islanders to other restaurants keep it focused on them. I like that you researched FDA and listed some tips. However, you do not exactly know how they keep their leftovers or cleaning their cooking ware so I wouldn't put that in. Also, you talk about the floor being dirty but do not make any suggestions. And you can't end with "you have been running a great restaurant" when in the letter you complained. AS(2-)

    ReplyDelete